Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #11
IDW Publishing (June, 2012)STORY: Kevin Eastman & Tom Waltz SCRIPT: Tom Waltz ARTIST: Dan Duncan COLORIST: Ronda Pattison LETTERER: Shawn Lee EDITOR: Bobby Curnow
As Splinter fights his way through the Foot, the Turtles and Casey make a temporary alliance with a local street gang, the Purple Dragons. It’s more interesting that this summary indicates.
What they got right: I haven’t been following since the last issue I reviewed, so I’m not up on everything. I don’t know when the Turtles got their multicolored masks but I’m glad they did. Seeing Casey and the Turtles being more civil with the Purple Dragons than I saw in the last cartoon threw me a bit, but I rather prefer this version and hope they stay in the series. The Turtles need some allies.
What they got wrong: What happened to the Turtles’ heads? The tops of their heads are huge and silly-looking. Splinter himself isn’t much better and I would write off Duncan’s anthropomorphic critters altogether if Alopex the coyote didn’t come off as well as she does.
Recommendation: I think I’m going to stick with this comic a while and see where it goes. Give it a look.
- Today’s Comic> Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Microseries #5
- “Today’s” Comic> Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #2
- Today’s Comic> Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #3
- Today’s Comic> Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #4
- Today’s Comic> Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro Series: Donatello
- Exclusive IDW Preview: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #11 (Newsarama)