Last week I posted the first set of ConnectiCon strips, made on the back of business cards that I never really gave out (because I am an idiot). Here is the second half, along with the front of the card.
As far as my work goes, I think they came out pretty well. Next week it’s back to the usual four-panel strips, but for now, here are some news stories I picked up. None of it involves Comic-Con news, since I’ll be covering that on its own.
- More on the possibility of DC moving their offices to LA.
- Ari also links to an article about San Diego Comic-Con’s status as a “comic” convention.
- Here’s an interesting team-up for you. Tiny Titans and Archie.
- You would think that the announcement of a Static ongoing would be great news for fans. But scroll down and you’ll see they’re not too keen on the chosen writer. Why NOT get McDuffie or someone from the cartoon?
- I’m starting to wish I had ordered the DC Universe Ultimate Pop-Up Book. Then I look at the clutter around me.
- Teaser poster for the continuing “Not-So-Brightest Day“.
- And in case anyone is wondering, I’ve got a nice little “end of Johnny DC” rant coming as soon as I’ve looked into it. Possibly by tomorrow.
- Info on the Avengers movie, including an official website. Looks like everyone wants to stick it to Mr. Pym. (Including the people writing him all these years.) However, we do have the official roster meeting at SDCC.
- In a related posting, concept art for the Captain America and Thor movies.
- Could the US actually be making a proper version of Godzilla?
- Done right, a live-action version of Fairy Oddparents might be interesting. This will not be that movie.
- Media Blasters is announcing a delay on a number of titles, including the second remastered season of Magic Knights Rayearth.
- A CG version of Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner will debut with the sequel to the spy spoof Cats & Dogs. (h/t: ToonZone)
- Also by way of ToonZone, and related, a similar spoof, T.U.F.F. Puppy.
- Captain Marvel will have a recurring role in the new Young Justice animated series. Yay! Now give the Marvel family their own series.
- This teaser, an animation test sequence, makes me excited about the upcoming Transformers: Prime cartoon. Then there’s the panel, which includes character models and a few other interesting data bits. My only disappointments are that Bumblebee is more like the movie version in design instead of a compact and Arcee is now blue.
- News about the new Avengers cartoon.
- TV Legends Revealed has an interesting story about the behind the scenes of Gilligan’s Island, All in the Family/Archie Bunker’s Place and a writer who DIDN’T want the credit he deserved.
- All four Spider-Men (Spider-Mans?) have been announced for the upcoming Shattered Dimensions game as well as the voice actors playing them. Note that all four VAs have voiced Spider-Man at one point or another. (Odd, you would think the cartoon website would have been more interested in that tidbit than the gaming site.)
- Microsoft is planning a Halo: Reach bundle for their new X-Box Slim.
- Could comics taking a back seat at their own convention (in coverage if nothing else, just look at G4’s “coverage”) be a shade of things to come in the videogame industry? One opinion writer thinks it’s possible. (h/t to GamePolitics) I’ll also direct you to an old Game Overthinker episode that made a comics/games connection.
- It’s just a rumor, but Disney may be looking to buy another video game company. It’s like Angelina Jolie and foreign kids lately.
- Game company Blizzard isn’t allowing reviews for the long, long, long, long-awaited Starcraft II prior to launch.
- A UK game counterfeiter is having his jail sentence extended.
- In tax news, EA wants Utah to offer the gaming industry tax credits. North Carolina is doing it.
in other news
- I’m all in favor of protecting copyrights, but to buy a media group and “save it” by suing bloggers? As a business model? What?
- Spotlighting a review of BW Fave Linkara.
- This Week’s Cracked: 5 Accidental Inventions That Changed the World may not be storytelling related, but the history of rubber is actually interesting. Who knew?
Best Scene of This Week’s Reviews
Tomorrow’s Comic> Darkwing Duck #2