Consider this an 11th Hour appeal. I’m not sure how much long you have to vote, but vote early and vote often. Vote for what, you ask? For some time now, Siskoid’s Blog of Geekery has devoted the Saturday night posting to Marvel’s Rom: Spaceknight. Now that he’s out of episodes, he needs something to replace “Spaceknight Saturdays”. His list includes”
- What If?: The series where Marvel writers looked at the big events of their titles and wondered what would have happened had they gone a different path
- Arak: Son of Thunder: I’ve heard of it, but I really couldn’t tell you anything about it
- The Hands of Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu: Like Rom, various elements of this comic keep it from ever being collected in a trade. The series is a martial arts adventure that occasionally went into the weird zone and brought back souvenirs from the gift shop. This comic is a favorite of Snell of Slay Monstrobot, who would love to see this one win, and if anyone would plan to derail my efforts, it would be him.
- Micronauts: Like Rom, this was based off a toyline (as I recall, using bit of Microman that didn’t work in the original Transformers, like the action figure-sized human heroes). While Marvel came up with original characters and thus can still play with the concept, there are a number of characters from the toyline involved, and so this is also uncollectable as a trade.
- Strange Series Medley: This would be a look at various short lived series, either due to cancellation or being a miniseries outright.
- and GODZILLA!: Between Marvel and Dark Horse, there were quite a few Godzilla comics made, and I wouldn’t mind seeing Siskoid cover the Charles Barkley and Hero Zero crossover stories. That’s right, Charles Barkley.
Being something of a G-Fan myself (number three on my list after Transformers and Doctor Who), I would really like to see this win, and Godzilla Saturdays ushered into the Blog of Geekery. As I write this, “What If” (which I admit I also voted for along with Shang-Chi) is ahead on points, but maybe if we all believe in kaiju, clap real loud, and then realize how silly that was and just vote for it, maybe the big G can take the crown at the last minute! So go vote for GODZILLA!
Because the Blue Oyster Cult isn’t a band I usually listen to, but here they’re not wrong!