It may not seem like a big change to you, but I haven’t been happy with the characters for the past few strips. I get more into it if you click the comic for the “behind-the-scenes” page (where you can also scroll through past strips–I’ll have an actual page once I’ve finished setting it up), but pretty much the noses were too long to make up for the eyes and I never got the head shapes the way I wanted to, which threw things off. I still have some “tweaking” to do, but I consider it an improvement.
Meanwhile, updating my model sheets took some extra time, but I managed to find a few things of interest this week.
- This one is more for you guys that it is me. I don’t care about Buffy The Vampire Slayer or the spin-off Angel but if you are, the comic versions will now be under one roof.
- Sholly Fisch brings both good news and bad news when it comes to his take over of the “All-New” Batman: The Brave & The Bold. Double page splashes? Really, guys? On the other hand, Superman and Captain Marvel.
- Chrisopher Yost on the upcoming Avengers cartoon and a comic spin-off. I hope it’s better than the LAST Avengers cartoon. Not the worst thing ever, but a big disappointment just the same.
- So Wolverine is having his own private Blackest Night situation. Only with demons. I can only hope for plenty of Wolverine abuse.
- Remember that Doctor Who game we in the US have to pay for while the UK gets to play it for free? Well, to rub it in further, there’s a level where you get to explore the new TARDIS. Why do you hate me, BBC!
- A good retrospective of the Sonic the Hedgehog games up to this point.
in other news
- The original Kermit the Frog Muppet has been donated to the Smithsonian.
- Not really story related, but I do love a story where the crook is caught on camera by the very people he’s robbing from! Jerk!
- This Week’s Cracked: 7 “BS” Police Myths Everyone Believes (Thanks To Movies) reminds us that the forensic department isn’t the magical world it is on CSI, loonies still go to prison for murder, the 5th Amendment doesn’t work that way, and undercover cops don’t have to answer “yes” or “read you your rights” and more.
- Over at The Clutter Report: So I just cleaned out a cubby hole last week and found more action figures that can fit in the box. I put them into review groups, so we have Daffy Duck and the Mega Men, because I didn’t have anywhere else to put Daffy. (Slight correction. The Mega Man figure pictures didn’t come out, so it’s just a review of the Daffy Duck figure.)
Best Scene of This Week’s Reviews
The Phantom: Ghost Who Walks #11
Tomorrow’s Comic> Batman: The Brave & The Bold #20