This wasn’t an easy tournament for me because I usually root for the heroes (unlike RU colleague and mastermind Ozzie Arcane, who’s a total villain booster–he’s going to like this tournament). However, as I mentioned when we started this one, if the villain doesn’t at least get a few minor victories before loosing the big one he or she barely comes off as a threat. That said, the fact that IS the heroes getting beaten up, this is going to be a short list.
After all, Best of FNF is really about what fights I personally enjoyed, not whether the fight is good to other people. In this case that means it might be a well-done fight (and of course I link to Spacebooger’s list so you can decide for yourselves) but it’s going to have to be something special for me to cheer for it. (Yes, this was the hardest voting I had to do.) So I hope the
The Best of
Bad Boys rounds 1-6
- Cyborg Superman vs. Team Superman (minus the actual Superman)
- I’m surprised DC never used Jeremy Shinzoo.
- And My Entry: After Coast-To-Coast, I think Zorak earned some of this.
- At least Wonder Woman put up a good fight.
- Blackfire is a real @#$@#.
- If only this would satisfy Lex. It won’t.
- Just barely makes it with the power display.
- And My Entry: The only victory on He-Man that Skeletor can actually claim.
- Nefaria has a cool costume for a villain. Had to be said.
- How often does Batman get taken down, even pre-Crisis?
- Yay, someone brought me Wolverine abuse!
- And My Entry: Speaking of Nefaria, here’s one of the guys he stole his powers from.
- Who thought the Spot could get a shot in? Granted, it was with someone else’s fist.
- Kind of hard to choose the villain of this fight, really.
- And My Entry: Even three Avengers couldn’t take Goliath. Yet.
- Two acts of Punisher abuse for the price of one! And it wasn’t my birthday. (Wolverine would have been Christmas.)
- Nowadays the Penguin’s origin would be a multi-issue story and we’d be made to sympathize with him. You know, like Batman Returns.
- And My Entry: You have to hope Turpin didn’t have burritos that day.
- That’s one way to shake off Spider-Man.
- It’s just not a Best of FNF without some Hulk abuse, and I like the Hulk.
- Or Hal Jordan abuse.
- And My Entry: I still think this is the best Transformers fight of the Marvel US run.
That’s the first six rounds. Next week is the Prize Fight, and then we get back to the second half of the Bad Boys tournament.