Viz Comics have been the distributors and translators of many Japanese comics in the US, and even released some anime on home video. They’re a large part of why manga and anime have become so popular and the various Japanese art styles have influenced Western artists and comic creators. Now they’re embracing that new artistic culture and announcing plans to release manga-inspired graphic novels by American creators.
looking for something specific?
Previously in the Spotlight
BW This Month
BW’s History Records
What interests me?
The Local Chatter
- New Design Sonic Movie Trailer Drops | BW Media Spotlight on Sonic The Hedgehog Movie Trailer Drops
- Sonic The Hedgehog Movie Trailer Drops | BW Media Spotlight on The Live-Action Status Symbol
- Sean on BW’s Art Soundoff 2019 #6: Why I Prefer Aspirational Heroes
- Sean on BW’s Art Soundoff 2019 #5: Venting On Tools
- The Animation Evolution Of The Simpsons | BW Media Spotlight on Apu And The Stereotype Issue
Things we talk aboutanimation anime Archie Comics Art Soundoff Art Soundoff Challenge Autobot Avengers Batman Battlestar Galactica Bob Budiansky book review Bumblebee Captain America cartoons Chapter By Chapter Christmas comic creation comics comic strip commentary ConnectiCon Cybertron DC animated universe DCAU DC Comic DC Comics DC Universe Decepticon Doctor Who Free Comic Book Day Friday Night Fights Godzilla Green Lantern Grimlock He-Man Ian Flynn IDW Publishing Iron Man Jake & Leon John Workman Justice League Marvel Marvel Adventures Marvel Comic Marvel Comics Marvel Universe Masters of the Universe Mega Man Megatron Optimus Prime Power Rangers Robin Robotech Simon Furman Skeletor Sonic the Hedgehog Sonic Universe Spider-Man Starscream Star Trek Star Wars Supergirl Superman The Flash The Phantom Tony Stark Transformer Transformers v-log Video game video games webcomic web comic Wonder Woman YouTube
BW on TwitterMy Tweets
Posts I Like
Help Support & Improve BW Media Spotlight
Or buy some of my clutter.
I'm also available for hire, as freelance or regular contributor.