Studio Ghibli is one of those Japanese animation studios who are popular in the West beyond the anime fandom. Now you don’t have to travel to Japan to see the studio in action because they’ve created a YouTube channel that gives a tour of their studio. This should give you an idea about how hard and how long (shut up) it takes to create high quality animation like Ghibli.
looking for something specific?
Previously in the Spotlight
BW This Month
BW’s History Records
What interests me?
The Local Chatter
- “Yesterday’s” Comic> DC Super Hero Girls FCBD 2017 Special Ed | BW Media Spotlight on BW’s Free Comic Book Day Haul 2017
- Art Of Storytelling: The Art Of The Movie Intro | BW Media Spotlight on The Art Of Storytelling: The Art Of The TV Intro
- BW Vs. Fansided: Should MCU Spider-Man Be A Mutant? | BW Media Spotlight on How Zendaya Can Benefit Mary Jane Watson
- ShadowWing Tronix on “Yesterday’s” Comic> Robotech: Mechangel #0
- Sean on “Yesterday’s” Comic> Robotech: Mechangel #0
Things we talk aboutAcademy Comics animation anime Archie Comics Art Soundoff Art Soundoff Challenge Autobot Avengers Batman Battlestar Galactica Bob Budiansky book review Bumblebee Captain America cartoons Chapter By Chapter Christmas comic creation comics comic strip commentary ConnectiCon Cybertron DC animated universe DCAU DC Comic DC Comics DC Universe Decepticon Doctor Who Free Comic Book Day Friday Night Fights Godzilla Green Lantern He-Man Ian Flynn IDW Publishing Iron Man Jake & Leon John Workman Justice League Marvel Marvel Adventures Marvel Comic Marvel Comics Marvel Universe Masters of the Universe Mega Man Megatron Optimus Prime Robin Robotech Saturday Night Showcase Scooby-Doo Simon Furman Skeletor Sonic the Hedgehog Spider-Man Starscream Star Trek Star Wars Supergirl Superman The Flash The Phantom Tony Stark Transformer Transformers v-log Video game video games webcomic web comic Wonder Woman YouTube
BW on TwitterMy Tweets
Posts I Like
Help Support & Improve BW Media Spotlight
Or buy some of my clutter.
I'm also available for hire, as freelance or regular contributor.