I’ve heard a handful of creators in the mainstream saying something to the tune of “I don’t care if they trash me, as long as they talk about me”, but I didn’t think that was Hollywood’s actual strategy. Well, if Bleeding Fool’s Chris Braly is correct you can blame one New Zealand analytics firm that has convinced Hollywood that all the negative comments are still engagement and thus positive. Not out of the same reasoning as the aforementioned creators but because they’re too lazy to separate “this is great” and “this is garbage”. Succeeding in Hollywood is easy. You don’t even have to care about what you’re doing anymore.
looking for something specific?
Previously in the Spotlight
BW This Month
BW’s History Records
What interests me?
The Local Chatter
- What Ruined 4Kids Entertainment? | BW Media Spotlight on 4Kids Entertainment Demise May Equal Demise Of Entertainment FOR Kids
- ShadowWing Tronix on BW’s Daily Article Link> Jim Caviezel’s Anti-Child Trafficking Movie
- natewinchester on What I Didn’t Realize About All In The Family’s Closing Credits
- natewinchester on BW’s Daily Article Link> Jim Caviezel’s Anti-Child Trafficking Movie
- Free Comic Inside> She-Ra Goes Fishing | BW Media Spotlight on Free Comic Inside: She-Ra’s Horse Gets A Crystal Makeover
Things we talk aboutAcademy Comics animation anime Archie Comics Art Soundoff Art Soundoff Challenge Autobot Avengers Batman Battlestar Galactica book review Captain America cartoons Chapter By Chapter Christmas Clark Kent comic creation comics comic strip commentary ConnectiCon Cybertron DC animated universe DCAU DC Comic DC Comics DC Universe Decepticon Doctor Who Free Comic Book Day Friday Night Fights Godzilla Green Lantern He-Man Ian Flynn IDW Publishing Iron Man Jake & Leon John Workman Justice League manga Marvel Adventures Marvel Cinematic Universe Marvel Comic Marvel Comics Marvel Universe Masters of the Universe Megatron Optimus Prime Paramount Comics Robin Robotech Saturday Night Showcase Scooby-Doo Simon Furman Skeletor Sonic the Hedgehog Spider-Man Star Trek Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Wars Supergirl Superman The Flash The Phantom Tony Stark Transformer Transformers v-log Video game video games web comic webcomic Wonder Woman YouTube
BW on TwitterMy Tweets
- Join 935 other subscribers
Posts I Like
Help Support & Improve BW Media Spotlight
Or buy some of my clutter.
I'm also available for hire, as freelance or regular contributor.