Adventures of the Mask #6
Dark Horse Comics (June 1996)WRITER: Michael Eury PENCILER: Neil Vokes INKER: Jay Geldhof LETTERER: Clem Robins COLORIST: Matt Webb COVER ARTIST: Bruce Timm DESIGNER: Julie Gassaway CREATOR/CONSULTING EDITOR: Mike Richardson EDITOR: Greg Vest
Look at the bright side: if your not a fan you’ll get this series over with sooner. 🙂
Kellaway’s obsession with taking down the Mask hits a high mark when a prototype anti-supercriminal battlesuit is built by the Edge City PD. Being a prototype, it ends up doing more damage than the Mask.
What they got right: Kellaway in the cartoon is different than the one in the original comic and the movie. This and issue #12 (I wonder if that would have become a pattern?) explores Kellaway’s hatred of the Mask and how far that takes him. Seeing the police create an anti-supercriminal suit is a surprisingly good idea, considering Edge City is only slightly smarter than The Simpsons Springfield USA.
What they got wrong: Lars and his organ-grinder monkey are back. They never really saw much use in the comic version series they were created for, so I don’t understand why they were created in the first place.
Recommendation: I still recommend tracking down this series. It’s just that much fun. And I’ll be telling you that three more times this week.
Tomorrow’s Comic> Marvel Adventures: Spider-Man V2 #12
- “Yesterday’s” Comic> Adventures of the Mask #1 (bwmedia.wordpress.com)
- “Yesterday’s” Comic> Adventures of the Mask #2 (bwmedia.wordpress.com)
- “Yesterday’s” Comic> Adventures of the Mask #3 (bwmedia.wordpress.com)
- “Yesterday’s” Comic> Adventures of the Mask #4 (bwmedia.wordpress.com)
- “Yesterday’s” Comic> Adventures of the Mask #5 (bwmedia.wordpress.com)