Since WordPress’ “trackback” feature thinks that RSS feeds in my footer qualify, I keep accidentally spamming Linkara’s site (and a few other Blogspot sites I link to) with every update. It’s only right that I put a legitimate link to his site since he gave one of the best anti-post-Flashpoint rants I’ve read. Also, he hasn’t had me pulled off of the internet for the aforementioned accidental spamming, so that deserves some thanks. 🙂 Anyway, on to what little news I was able to get.
- All the big news was on DC’s reboot (they say it isn’t but they also say that Black Lanterns aren’t zombies), but guess which other comic is attempting a cosmic reboot. Would you believe Sonic the Hedgehog?
- Non-comic movie-goers can get caught up on who the new mutants are in X-Men: First Class. Also works for those of us who don’t read the X-Titles.
- He may have written one of the bad X-Men movies, but did he come up with a good show anyway? It kind of looks like a variation of the old Misfits of Science series.
- Putting Michael Moore under the hot seat.
- Even non-music games require a certain rhythm.
- The games the US Government is playing with online gambling.
in other news
- IO9 begins their history of mad scientists. We better see Drs. Wily and Insano before the series is through or they fell short.
- Celebrities who passed away recently: James Arness (Matt Dillon, Gunsmoke), Clarice Taylor (played Bill Cosby’s mom, Anna Huxtable, on The Cosby Show) Jeff Conway (Taxi), Joseph Brooks (wrote the song “You Light Up My Life”, but apparently didn’t make a few people’s lives enjoyable), and while I won’t celebrate his passing I won’t miss Jack Kevorkian in the least.
- The Clutter Reports: Another look through my DVD collection as I check out Angel Wars: Guardian Force. I’ll do a full series review when I get them all.
- This Week’s Cracked: Ah, Hollywood. Will you ever understand technology? Not according to 8 Scenes That Prove Hollywood Doesn’t Get Technology, citing everything from computer peripherals to virtual interfaces.
Best Scene of This Week’s Reviews
Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters #3
Next week is going to be rough to get stuff out. I want to follow E3 news for a report the following week, I have a project that has a deadline on the 15th (it’s another video collab), and who knows what new Flashpoint info they’ll drop on us at the last minute. Again. So don’t be surprised to see a filler video or four coming up.
(Geez, you’d think I was making money off of this gig. Sadly, I’m not, but if anyone wants to pay me, I’m in. 🙂 )