So a friend of mine gives me an old scanner on Saturday, which was a rather busy Saturday for me. Sunday I could work on a comic, but I also had a Clutter Report and other things to do. Plus, the “emergency comic” strip I drew seems lamer and lamer the more I think about it. The art is…meh…but it’s the gag that sucks. I hope to start getting a schedule going (unless they change my work hours again) but I also have a new camera on the way that I have to mess with before ComiCONN in a couple weeks and I’m starting to either fight a cold or deal with allergies. Plus some of my blip embeds aren’t working and I don’t know why, but it includes most of my own videos. So yeah, not a good weekend for a comic. Already started the next one, so next week Jake & Leon returns…with something topical outside of entertainment. Go figure.
In the meantime, let’s clear out some more of my e-newsletters from the e-mail box.
- So Marvel is at it again, with another “destroy a DC special to get a Marvel special” promotional event. Personally, I’d put Fear Itself in the trash along with Flashpoint.
- Kirby: Genesis will have an upcoming spin-off featuring another Jack Kirby creation, Captain Victory.
- Where are the classic Hollywood villains? Is motivation a factor?
- Teen Nick‘s “90’s” lineup was a ratings plus for the network.
- A home made Iron Man suit appears in a National Geographic show.
- Good news: The Doctor isn’t going to save Hitler.
- After the prequels a would-be filmmaker has to rediscover her love of Star Wars.
- A look at the new movie version of Bane officially makes the Tumbler not the stupidest thing about Dark Knight Rises. Or am I the only one who hates that thing as a “Batmobile”?
- “OK, so you think our ending for Lost was so bad, how would you have ended it?”
- Here are 10 things I bet you (or someone out there) didn’t know about Star Trek.
- One of Bo and Luke Duke’s
replacementscousins passed away.
- A return of Carl Sagan’s show Cosmos is in the works…by Seth McFarlane?
- So how are they going to work around the time-travel problems of Terra Nova? Namely screwing up pre-history?
- ABC’s Pan Am is set in the early-60’s. But ABC doesn’t care about historical accuracy.
- I’m not sure this qualifies as a “video game”, but it is an interesting experiment in interactive storytelling. Work this into a digital comics form and BW Virtual Mentor Jerzy will be thrilled.
- Outrage against the London riots leads to a video game.
- This kid was so wrapped up in his video game he might have gotten hit by a train.
- Nintendo created the Wii U in part because of all the complaints by “hardcore gamers” that the new system isn’t HD like the PS3. Do you know what still sells like crazy? The Playstation 2. Next gen graphics my #$#.
- I never played the Zork computer games, but I did have a “choose your path” type book set in the world. However, I thought all the games were text based. Turns out at least one wasn’t.
in other news
- This is just too cute, a little kid asking the Flash to help find his daddy.
- You know how in Space Ghost or Silverhawks everyone can breathe in space despite the lack of oxygen? Well, maybe there is some oxygen. (Yes, I know our atmosphere has more than oxygen but I’m hard up for a synopsis here.)
- Someone found J’onn J’onns’ swimming pool.
- The Clutter Reports: While I only picked up Donatello from the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toyline, I have all four Turtles from the relaunch. Are they any good?
- I didn’t have time to check into Cracked.com this week, but that will be back next week as well.
Best Scene of This Week’s Reviews
Kirby: Genesis #2
So once I figure out how to work with this new scanner, we should be back on track. There should be a new comic next week.