Oh, I could make a joke about how the UK took the wrong lesson from the LA Riots years ago, or something about a sports team, but these people destroyed lives and livleyhoods. And for what? What benefit did this do? Nothing! You failed as human beings, and did nothing for whatever cause you were angry about, except maybe setting yourselves back and screwing up your local economy. Nice move, fools!
There is a bit of sad news. After four years the Art & Story podcast will air its final episode next week. A great resource for up and coming comic creators like myself, and how I ended up with virtual mentor Jerzy Drozd as a friend, he and Mark Rudolph created a great product, improving it with the addition of Kevin Cross and the forum. They have new projects ahead, and you can still catch Jerzy on the Comics Are Great podcast, linked to in my footer, and Cross has rejoined his compatriot Joshua Kimble for Big Illustration Party Time (I know Mark does a heavy metal podcast, but I don’t know about comics–he does have his website, though.) I just have to decide what’s going in for the RSS feed for A&S, although I will keep an eye out for special “reunion” podcasts they hope to put together. As we wish the hosts luck in future pursuits, we have some other news.
- The history of Superman’s costume.
- Pro wrestler CM Punk isn’t a fan of Grant Morrison.
- Hey Snell, here’s your chance to get a Legion flight ring!
- Is the new Ultimate Spider-Man “waiting for Superman“? (Frankly I think it’s less about the union that it is anti-poor schooling, even if they blame unions.)
- Response to the upcoming Batman movie probably isn’t what Nolan was hoping for.
- The new fall TV schedule is up with release dates.
- SyFy has cancelled Eureka but will give Warehouse 13 a fourth season.
- They’re remaking Bewitched. Why?
- I think it’s happy news, anyway. George Lopez’s talk show has been cancelled. Maybe Canada will give him one?
- A commentary on the state of actresses in Hollywood.
- A look at two new Mario games for the 3DS.
- A teaser for a pinball machine? A Transformers pinball machine? Double oh, yeah!
- I don’t think Nintendo is actually using a canoe peripheral, but it would be cool.
- The first Portal 2 DLC is going to be a bit late. Maybe they heard I haven’t had time to finish it?
- The latest Sonic: Generations trailer shows some way past cool environments. And Tails! Yay!
in other news
- A thin belt of antimatter surrounds the Earth? That’s got to end up in a sci-fi story sooner or later.
- Acting totally neutral on this one, because I’ve never read Slaughterhouse Five but when one school banned it, the author’s library took action.
- The Clutter Reports: No pictures, just messing with my drawers. Some good links this week, though.
- This Week’s Cracked: Two weeks ago, I linked to a joke article about what the live-action Akira movie would be like. I forgot to add the link to the follow-up article. I’ve fixed that, but here it is for you guys now. It’s still painful.
Best Scene of This Week’s Reviews
How do you beat an awesome shot of Godzilla through a window? Have Optimus Prime use a friend’s alt-mode corpse to attack his killers.
I don’t know what will be in this spot next week. Saturday is ComiCONN, and if you’re in the Stamford, CT area, you really should check it out. I’ll be doing interviews and the like, so I’ll be a bit occupied. It’s a bit of a distance away, and I have a new camera to learn to run by Friday night, so I may be a bit distracted this week. I will try to get a Jake & Leon strip done, if only because I missed two weeks of strips, but it’s not going to be my top priority. Plus I still have two videos from the last convention to edit. You see where I might be a bit busy this week.