Mike Rogers left big comics for indies because the big publishers were focusing on the speculator market in the 1990s. We all know how that turned out. In this article he gives advice on how indie creators can widen their market. While I think he’s a little too down on digital comics (I love my print comics too, but the point is to get it out there for people to read) there is some good advice in there.
looking for something specific?
Previously in the Spotlight
BW This Month
BW’s History Records
What interests me?
The Local Chatter
- Chapter by Chapter> Robotech: Before The Invid Storm chapter 13 | BW Media Spotlight on Chapter By Chapter> Robotech: Before The Invid Storm chapter 12
- Midnight’s Edge He-Man History part 3 | BW Media Spotlight on Midnight’s Edge’s He-Man History part 2
- Midnight’s Edge He-Man History part 3 | BW Media Spotlight on Midnight’s Edge’s He-Man History part 1
- ShadowWing Tronix on Finally Watched…Green Lantern
- natewinchester on Finally Watched…Green Lantern
Things we talk aboutAcademy Comics anime Archie Comics Art Soundoff Art Soundoff Challenge Autobot Avengers Batman Battlestar Galactica Bob Budiansky book review Bumblebee Captain America cartoons Chapter By Chapter Christmas comic creation comics comic strip commentary ConnectiCon Cybertron DC animated universe DCAU DC Comic DC Comics DC Universe Decepticon Doctor Who Free Comic Book Day Friday Night Fights Godzilla Green Lantern He-Man Ian Flynn IDW Publishing Iron Man Jake & Leon John Workman Justice League Marvel Adventures Marvel Comic Marvel Comics Marvel Universe Masters of the Universe Megatron Optimus Prime Paramount Comics Robin Robotech Saturday Night Showcase Scooby-Doo Simon Furman Skeletor Sonic the Hedgehog Spider-Man Spock Starscream Star Trek Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Wars Supergirl Superman The Flash The Phantom Tony Stark Transformer Transformers v-log Video game video games web comic webcomic Wonder Woman YouTube
BW on TwitterMy Tweets
Posts I Like
Help Support & Improve BW Media Spotlight
Or buy some of my clutter.
I'm also available for hire, as freelance or regular contributor.