Mike Rogers left big comics for indies because the big publishers were focusing on the speculator market in the 1990s. We all know how that turned out. In this article he gives advice on how indie creators can widen their market. While I think he’s a little too down on digital comics (I love my print comics too, but the point is to get it out there for people to read) there is some good advice in there.
looking for something specific?
Previously in the Spotlight
BW This Month
BW’s History Records
What interests me?
The Local Chatter
- “Yesterday’s” Comic> Mystery Men Comics #2 | BW Media Spotlight on Saturday Night Showcase> Blue-Skying: Linkara’s Blue Beetle Retrospective
- How To Properly Satirize Superman | BW Media Spotlight on Superman’s Latest Misadventure
- How To Properly Satirize Superman | BW Media Spotlight on Scanning My Collection: That Time Superman Teamed With Himself
- ComiXology And The Future Of Digital Comics | BW Media Spotlight on BW’s Daily Ramble: The Latest On Amazon’s comiXology Reader
- A Further Autopsy Of DC’s (Thankfully) Failed 5G | BW Media Spotlight on DC Comics’ New Generational Timeline (part 2: 5G)
Things we talk aboutAcademy Comics anime Archie Comics Art Soundoff Art Soundoff Challenge Autobot Avengers Batman Battlestar Galactica book review Captain America cartoons Chapter By Chapter Christmas Clark Kent comic creation comics comic strip commentary ConnectiCon Cybertron DC animated universe DCAU DC Comic DC Comics DC Universe Decepticon Doctor Who Free Comic Book Day Friday Night Fights Godzilla Green Lantern He-Man Ian Flynn IDW Publishing Iron Man Jake & Leon John Workman Justice League manga Marvel Adventures Marvel Cinematic Universe Marvel Comic Marvel Comics Marvel Universe Masters of the Universe Megatron Optimus Prime Paramount Comics Robin Robotech Saturday Night Showcase Scooby-Doo Simon Furman Skeletor Sonic the Hedgehog Spider-Man Starscream Star Trek Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Wars Supergirl Superman The Flash The Phantom Tony Stark Transformer Transformers v-log Video game video games web comic webcomic Wonder Woman YouTube
BW on TwitterMy Tweets
- Join 917 other subscribers
Posts I Like
Help Support & Improve BW Media Spotlight
Or buy some of my clutter.
I'm also available for hire, as freelance or regular contributor.