Mike Rogers left big comics for indies because the big publishers were focusing on the speculator market in the 1990s. We all know how that turned out. In this article he gives advice on how indie creators can widen their market. While I think he’s a little too down on digital comics (I love my print comics too, but the point is to get it out there for people to read) there is some good advice in there.
looking for something specific?
Previously in the Spotlight
BW This Month
BW’s History Records
What interests me?
The Local Chatter
- 5 Other Things That Were “In The Comics” | BW Media Spotlight on Trope Shark: Fridged
- BW’s Daily Video> Everything Wrong With Close Encounters Of The Third Kind | BW Media Spotlight on Finally Watched…Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
- The Many Intros Of Hanna-Barbera’s World Of Super Adventure part 2 | BW Media Spotlight on The Many Intros Of Hanna-Barbera’s World Of Super Adventure part 1
- Chapter By Chapter> TekWar chapter 9 | BW Media Spotlight on Chapter By Chapter> TekWar chapter 8
- Is Dawn Of The DCU A New Universe Or Another Rebirth? | BW Media Spotlight on Who Are Superheroes Actually For?
Things we talk aboutAcademy Comics anime Archie Comics Art Soundoff Art Soundoff Challenge Autobot Avengers Batman Battlestar Galactica Bob Budiansky book review Captain America cartoons Chapter By Chapter Christmas Clark Kent comic creation comics comic strip commentary ConnectiCon Cybertron DC animated universe DCAU DC Comic DC Comics DC Universe Decepticon Doctor Who Free Comic Book Day Friday Night Fights Godzilla Green Lantern He-Man Ian Flynn IDW Publishing Iron Man Jake & Leon John Workman Justice League manga Marvel Adventures Marvel Comic Marvel Comics Marvel Universe Masters of the Universe Megatron Optimus Prime Paramount Comics Robin Robotech Saturday Night Showcase Scooby-Doo Simon Furman Skeletor Sonic the Hedgehog Spider-Man Starscream Star Trek Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Wars Supergirl Superman The Flash The Phantom Tony Stark Transformer Transformers v-log Video game video games webcomic web comic Wonder Woman YouTube
BW on TwitterMy Tweets
- Join 917 other followers
Posts I Like
Help Support & Improve BW Media Spotlight
Or buy some of my clutter.
I'm also available for hire, as freelance or regular contributor.